Sunday, February 22, 2015

Unboxing: Special Edition Eye of Horus Glamourbox



Finally, after the long wait, my special edition Eye of Horus Glamourbox has arrived. I've never owned any Eye of Horus product before but I've been thinking of getting their Goddess Mascara. I chanced upon a kiosk in Market Market, (forgot if it was Snoe or something else) and saw that they had testers; so without hesitation I tried it out. I like how it emphasized my eyes and lengthened my lashes. 
The moment Glamourbox announced their tie-up with Eye of Horus on their upcoming subscription box, my heart leapt! 
Without further ado, I present the Special Edition Eye of Horus Glamourbox goodies:

Item/Price:
1 Eye of Horus Teal Malachite Goddess Pencil Php990
2 Eye of Horus Goddess Mascara Php990
3 Eye of Horus Sharpener Php295
4 Eye of Horus Ankh Necklace Php580
5 Eye of Horus Facial Bamboo Mitt Php480


Here are my thoughts on this box:

The Good:

1. It's worth every penny. I paid Php695 for a box of Eye of Horus products with a total value of Php3,335. BOOYAH!!! 
2. The Teal Malachite Goddess Pencil and Goddess Mascara are perfect for the summer season. I'm very pleased that they included these products.
The (not so) Bad
1. The combination of products confused and disappointed me a bit. Because the theme revolves around the idea of having sultry eyes, I was expecting to get makeup or products that can be used to "prep my peepers" as mentioned in their ad.
2. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with my purchase. I just think they should have thrown in something else instead of the necklace and the mitt. I like the necklace, but it doesn't make my eyes sultry. I mean, come on...


Overall, I'm glad I subscribed to this special edition Glamourbox. Despite the theme issues  I have, I'm satisfied with the products that actually go with the theme. I would definitely recommend this to those who don't own any Eye of Horus products yet. It's a good way to get to know the product without spending so much.
As of today, February 23, 2015, 12:20 p.m., the special edition Eye of Horus Glamourbox is still available for subscription at Glamourbox.ph

Cheers <3

4 comments:

  1. Haven't heard about this brand before but it looks really nice. The package is so attractive and elegant looking. I'm not much with make up but one of my fave products when it come to putting on a face is the mascara. Great post.

    Stay Wonderful Always,
    Heide
    Kintsugi of Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Heide. It's one of those must haves that's worth the penny. The mascara alone costs almost a thousand pesos and I got other stuff too. It's very sulit! :)

      Stay beautiful! :)

      Delete
  2. Wow that box is a steal! Looking forward on future boxes. Sana magaganda pa din ang laman. :D

    www.pamcamia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. The Goddess pencil definitely my fave, I've been using it a lot since I got it. :)

      Delete